“Happy Pi Day” y’all! Hope everyone has a great day. Is it me or has the last several days gone by super fast thanks to the time change we had Sunday? Anyways, since its National Pi Day I thought I would create something to go with the theme, so let’s get started with “Happy Pi Day…
- Canson 400023336 XL Series Marker Pad, 9″X12″ Fold Over
- Cricut BrightPad
- Tombow Dual Brush Pen Art Markers,96 Color Set with Desk Stand
- Creative Studio Graphite Sketch Pencil Set W/Tin 6 Pcs
- Tombow MONO Zero Pen-Style Eraser Refill Round Tip + Square Tip + 4 Refills (Silver Barrel)
- ‘Pi Day’ is today, March 14 because it’s 3/14.
- The official time starts at 1:59 which makes it equal to the first six numbers of ‘Pi’ — 3.14159.
- It’s also Albert Einstein’s Birthday.
- π is an infinite number, which means it goes on and on and on and on and well you get the picture right?!
The first thing I did was use the Faber Castell Graphite Sketch Pencil 4B to create my ‘Pi’ drawing. Then, using my Tombow Dual Brush Pen number 565, I carefully traced over my pencil outline using my Cricut BrightPad. After I had my colored outline finished, I used my Tombow Dual Brush Pen number 685 to color in my ‘Pi’ drawing.
With my ‘Pi’ drawing finished, I created my ‘Happy’ drawing. Here, I used Tombow Dual Brush Pen number 245 for the bottom layer. Then using the N15 Tombow Dual Brush Pen number, I carefully outlined all the way around the drawing. To finish it off, I used the brush end of the 723 Tombow Dual Brush Pen number to add polka dots.
After finishing my ‘Happy’ drawing, I used the same technique and Tombow Dual Brush Pen numbers to create my ‘Day.’ Finally, using Photoshop Elements 13, I put all my drawings together for the finished product.
There you go, my “Happy Pi Day.” Hope you have a great day! Don’t forget to have some ‘Pi!’
Need an excellent getaway place to go to make all your creative ideas? Visit Memory Lane Inn!
Have any questions about today’s “Write It Wednesday” “Happy Pi Day” post? Please feel free to comment below. Thanks for visiting! Hope to see you again!
**The advertisement found in this post as with all other posts, as affiliated links. Affiliated links mean by clicking them and making a purchase I get a commission. I used these affiliated links to help me keep my blog going as project materials still cost money.**